cPanel provides a Free SSL Certificate called AutoSSL Certificate. AutoSSL provides SSL Certificate for your Domains hosted in WHM/cPanel free of cost. Once you enable the AutoSSL for any of the Domains, it will create the automatic request to auto-install and renew the SSL Certificate.
There are 2 types of SSL Certificate providers.
- cPanel (powered by Sectigo)
- Let’s Encrypt
We already prepared an article to install a default SSL Certificate (cPanel -powered by Sectigo) for your Domain. You can click on this link How to activate and Manage Auto SSL certificate in WHM/cPanel? to get the same article.
By default, Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate Plugin will be added automatically on cPanel & WHM version 58.0.17 & above. In case, you are not able to view the Let’s Encrypt option for AutoSSL, you can run the below command from SSH.
- Open your WHM Panel.
- Search for AutoSSL inside SSL/TLS and click on Manage AutoSSL.
- At Providers tab, tick the Let's Encrypt Radio Button and click on the Save button.
- Go to the Manage Users and click on the check cPanel user name button.
- Now, Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate will be installed on your selected Domain. You will verify it from the View Log Button inside Log.