This article will guide you how to delete an email account in SmarterMail 16 by login as a domain administrator.
If you have a control panel (Solid CP or Plesk Panel) configured on your Windows VPS, we recommend you to delete the email account from the control panel instead of the SmarterMail Interface directly. Please follow the below articles to delete the email account from the control panel.
How to delete an email account in solid CP
How to delete an email account in Plesk Panel
If you don’t have the control panel and you are managing the SmarterMail directly from SmarterMail web-dashboard (https://vps_IP:9998/) then perform the below steps to delete the email account for your domain name.
- Login into SmarterMail 16 dashboard with the domain administrator user.
- Once you login to the SmarterMail, you will get the following window. Click on the domain name of which you want to delete an email account. In this article, we have used accu17.com as a domain name.
- Next, you have to click on the manage button.
- By clicking on the manage button you will get the following window. In this window, you have to click on Impersonate button. This will open a window.
- In this windows, you can see all the email accounts which you have created.
- Select the email account which you want to delete and click on the Delete button.
- Once you click on the delete button, the system will ask for the confirmation. If you have decided to delete it, click on the delete button. You can click on the cancel button if you want to abort the delete process.
- By clicking on the delete button, the email account will be deleted and also removed from the email account list.