Before starting the installation, we need to update packages.
After Creating the VPS with CentOS 7 first, we need to do yum update.
To do that, use the following command.
yum -y update
After the yum update we need to check if Perl installed. Because Virtualmin requires Perl and for editing of text files will also need to install nano.
yum -y install perl wget nano
Now we will begin the installation of Virtualmin/Webmin panel on CentOS 7.
- Download the installer.
- After downloading installer use following command to install it.
chmod +x install.sh
After initiating above command, press the ‘y’ key and then press Enter. The installation will start, and it may take about 10-15 minutes to finish the installation.
Once installations completed, we need to configure it.
- Access Virtualmin web panel from your web browser.
https://serverip:10000 (always use https)
- Now login to Webmin panel by using following credentials.
Password: your root ssh password
- After logging in you will see Post-installation Wizard.
- Select the appropriate setting for your system
- Select if you’d like to run Clamd in the background.
- Select if you’d like to run SpamAssassin in the background.
- Select if you’d like to run a MySQL server, PostgreSQL server or both
- Set a root password for the database server (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
Select if you’d like to remove the test MySQL database
Select if you’d like to remove the anonymous MySQL user
- Select the appropriate configuration for your system.
- Set the Primary nameserver
Set the Secondary nameservers if needed
- Select to store plain-text or hashed password
The Post-Installation Wizard is now completed.
The following setup will help you to set up a virtual server in Virtualmin and Add a New Site.
- Login to Webmin
- Select Virtualmin
- Select Create Virtual Server option
- Fill in the required information for the domain
- New virtual server type
- Domain name
- Administration password
- Server configuration template
- Account plan
- Administration username
1. You need to use the active domain in order to host a domain in Webmin control panel.
2. If you want to host the sub-domain, you need to create the sub-server under the “create the virtual server” option.