Please refer to the following steps to install Virtualmin/Webmin on Centos 7.x
- Let us update the packages before starting the installation process.
yum -y update
- Now, we will begin the installation of Virtualmin/Webmin controlpanel on CentOS 7. At first, download the installer file with the below command.
- Run the installer with the below command.
chmod +x install.sh && ./install.sh
- After initiating the above commands, press the y key and then press Enter. The installation will start, and it may take about 10-15 minutes to finish the installation. It will ask for the fully qualified domain name in between the installation, you will need to provide it or the installation will not be work further.
- You will get the below screen once the installation is completed in SSH.
- Now, access Virtualmin web panel from your web browser using https://serveripaddress:10000 (always use https) and login to Webmin panel with the default credential. (username : root) and (password : server password)
- Once you logged in to Webmin, you will be asked for the Post-installation Wizard. Click on the Next button.
- Select the appropriate setting for your system and click on the Next buttons.
- If you have pointed the nameserver to your VPS, you can set the in the boxes as mentioned in the below image. If you have not pointed the domain and you want to do it later, you can tick the Skip check for resolvability and click on Next button.
- Here, we have set to use the plain-text password. You can change it to use hashed passwords.
- Create the server with your domain and select Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate.
The Post-Installation Wizard is now completed.
Now, you can add your domain and create website on your webmin/virtualmin.