If you have a control panel (Solid CP or Plesk Panel) configured on your Windows VPS, we recommend you to add the email account from the control panel instead of the SmarterMail Interface directly. Please follow the below articles to add the email account from the control panel.
How to add an email account in solid CP
How to add an email account in Plesk Panel
If you don’t have the control panel and you are managing the SmarterMail directly from SmarterMail web-dashboard (https://vps_IP:9998/) then perform the below steps to add the email account for your domain name.
- Login into SmarterMail 16 dashboard with the domain administrator user.
- Once you login in the SmarterMail you will get the following window. Click on the domain name for which you want to add an email account. In this article, we have used “test. com” as a domain name.
- Next, you have to click on the manage button.
- By clicking on the manage button you will get the following window. In this window, you have to click on Impersonate button. This will open a window.
- Click on Accounts -> New to add/create a new email address.
- Once you click on the new button you will get the following window. You have to fill all the details and click on the save button.
Username: (name of the email address which you want to add)
Password: Set a strong password.
Confirm Password: Enter the same password which you have set in the Password field.
Force password change at next login: You can tick on this option if you want to change the password of the email account on the next login.
- By clicking on the save button you will get the following tab. If you want to login in the email account (which you have just created) click on the Impersonate button. Click on the Cancel button if you don’t want to login and want to see email account created by you.
- Once you click on the cancel button you will able to see the email account which you have created. You can see the email account “test1” created by us in the below image.