Sometimes you wish to park your new domain to the existing website. For instance, you have functional website on domain.com and you've registered a new domain called domain.net. Now, you want visitors of domain.net to land on domain.com website. This can be achieved by IIS web server via SolidCP control panel. Let's go through the steps to redirect a domain from the SolidCP
- Login to SolidCP. SolidCP is located at URL http://your-vps-ip:9001.
- Once you are logged into SolidCP, click on All Customers link.
- In the next screen, you will see the list of all created users. If you have not created any user yet, you'll see the default admin user there. Click the username link under website is created.
- In the next screen, you will see icons for all the services you can manage from the SolidCP. Select Web & Applications section and click Web Sites icon.
- In the next screen, you will see the list of previously created websites. Select website to be redirected.
- Select the radio button Redirection to URL. This will populate several redirection options. Specify the URL where you want your new website to be redirected. Select the redirection options according to your requirement.
- Redirect all requests to exact destination (instead of relative to destination).
- Only redirect requests to content in this directory (not subdirectories).
- Enable permanent redirect (301 permanent redirect).