Sometimes it may happen that you do not have the required permission over certain file/folder of your web directory. Due to this, you may receive forbidden error. To fix the issue, you will need to assign permission to the concerned file/folder. You can do this from Windows File Explorer via Remote Desktop. If you are not comfortable with it, you can always use SolidCP file manager. Read this tutorial further to assign permissions via SolidCP.
- Login to SolidCP. It is located at URL http://your-vps-ip:9001.
- Once you are logged into SolidCP, click on All Customers link.
- In the next screen, you will see the list of all created users. If you have not created any user yet, you'll see the default admin user there. Click the username link under which the website is created.
- In the next screen, you will see icons for all the services you can manage from the SolidCP. Click on File Manager to access website files.
- In the next screen, you will see the list of previously created websites. Click on the website name whose permission needs to be changed.
- On the next screen, you will see a list of your website files and folders. Navigate to file/folder, and check the checkbox whose permission needs to be set. Click on the padlock icon beside the file/folder.
- Check the checkbox of permissions you wish to assign and click on Set Permissions button located at the bottom.