Managing the FTP server from Remote Desktop is little tricky and requires server administration skills. Hence, we always recommend the SolidCP control panel to manage all FTP operations. This tutorial will assist you in changing the FTP account password from SolidCP.
- Login to SolidCP. SolidCP is located at URL http://your-vps-ip:9001.
- Once you are logged into SolidCP, click on the All Customers link.
- In the next screen, you will see the list of all created users. If you have not created any user yet, you'll see the default admin user there. Click the username link under which the FTP account is created.
- In the next screen, you will see icons for all services you can manage from SolidCP. Under the System section, click on the FTP Accounts icon.
- In the next screen, a list of previously created FTP accounts will be populated. Select the FTP account whose password you want to change.
- In the next screen, type the new password and confirm it. Click the Update button.