cPanel facilitates you with the built-in Transfer Tools which allow you to migrate your existing cPanel accounts to some other server. This tutorial explains you to move a single cPanel account using Copy an account from another server with an account password option and move multiple cPanel accounts using Transfer tool option. cPanel to cPanel transfer is most useful when you are upgrading from shared cPanel hosting to VPS or transferring cPanel accounts between two servers.
Transfer single cPanel account (copy an account from another server with an account password)
- Login to the WHM where you want to transfer your cPanel account. Under Transfers section, click on Copy an account from another server with an account password option.
- Enter the following details in Settings section.
- Server to copy from (IP or FQDN) == IP address of your current host.
- Username to copy == Existing cPanel username.
- User’s password == cPanel password.
- If you want to assign dedicated IP address to the new account, check the check box Give new account an IP address or else new account will be created under the default IP address. Click on Copy an account.
Transfer multiple cPanel accounts (Transfer tool)
- Login to WHM where you want to transfer your cPanel accounts. Under Transfers section, click on Transfer tool option. If you choose Copy multiple accounts/packages from another server option, it will also take you to the Transfer tool as both of these options have been merged in newer version of WHM.
- In the first section you will need to enter information about the server you are migrating from.
- Remote Server Address == IP address of the server you are migrating from.
- Remote SSH Port == Port number on which Remote Server SSH is listening.
- In the next section, select root user and enter the password for root user.
- In the next section, select the control panel cPanel/WHM and check Compressed Transfers, Incremental Backups speed-up check boxes.
- Once you enter all of the old server information, click on Fetch Account List. WHM will fetch all accounts from old server and return a list of transferable domains. You'll need to select the cPanel accounts you wish to copy to the new server. Once you select the cPanel accounts, click on Copy.
- Depending on how much data needs to be transferred, account migration may get finished within a few minutes or hours. If one of your accounts fails to transfer you may skip it to proceed with the other accounts or you may also abort the copy process. When all of the available accounts are transferred, you will receive a browser notification. Click OK to continue.