This article will guide you on installing WHMCS on your website through Softaculous.
- You need a license key to install WHMCS on your domain or website.
Step to install WHMCS using Softaculous
1. Log into your cPanel.
2. Click on the Softaculous Apps Installer under the Software category.
3. Type in WHMCS in the left-hand sidebar search tool.
Then click on the WHMCS option.
4. Click on the Install Now button.
5. Fill out the form with specific information.
It includes Software setup, Site Settings, and Admin Account information.
- Choose Installation URL - You need to choose the URL to install WHMCS.
- Choose Protocol - You must select your website's protocol from the drop-down list.
If an SSL certificate is installed on your site, you need to select https:// or https://www. But if there isn't an SSL certificate installed on your site, you need to select http:// or http://www.
- Choose Domain - In this field, you need to select the website on which you want to install WHMCS software.
- In Directory - Enter the directory or folder name where you want the application to be installed.
If you want to install the application on the main domain/ subdomain, you need to leave it in the black directory field.
- Data directory - Enter a folder to save your data files.
It will be created in your home directory. For example, entering whmcsdata in the data directory field will be created under the following path /home/username/whmcsdata.
- Cron Job - You need to specify the CRON timings because WHMCS runs a scheduled synchronization script.
If you are not aware of it, then you should leave it as it is.
- Company Name - Enter your company name.
Here, we have entered Demovpstest.com as an example.
- Admin Folder - Enter the name for your WHMCS admin folder. Here, we have entered admin as an example.
- Company Email - Enter your company email address.
We have entered [email protected] as an example.
- Valid License Key - Enter a license key.
A license key is mandatory for the application to work.
- Admin username - Type your desired admin username. Here, we have entered admin as an example.
- Admin Password - Enter a strong password for the admin user.
The password should be a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
- First Name - Enter your first name.
We have entered Nick as an example.
- Last Name - Enter your last name.
We have entered R as an example.
- Admin Email - Enter your desired admin email address. Here, we have used [email protected] as an example.
- Select Admin Language - Select the language for your admin dashboard from the drop-down list.
Here, we have set English as an example.
- Select Site Language - Select the language for your site's front end from the drop-down list.
We have set English as an example.
- Database Name - Enter the database name if you want to set the database name as per your need. Please be informed that you can't change the database prefix.
Here, the database prefix is demovps2_.
- Auto Upgrade - If you want to automatically upgrade the WHMCS to the latest available version, select the radius button to upgrade to any latest version available (Major and Minor).
Select the first radius button if you don't want to upgrade it.
Do not Auto Upgrade if you don't want to upgrade it.
- Automated backups - If you want to secure the backup of the WHMCS application, then you can select the frequency from the drop-down list.
Here, we have selected Once a day.
If you don't want to receive an email notification for available updates, you can check the box Disable Update notifications Emails.
- Backup Location - Choose the backup location where you want to store the backup of the WHMCS. Here, we have selected the Local Folder as an example.
- Backup Rotation - Select the number copy you want to store in the backup location. If the backup rotation limit is reached, Softaculous will delete the oldest backup of the application. The backups will utilize your space, so choose the backup rotation as per the space available on your server.
- At the bottom of the screen, below the Install button, you can assign an email address to send installation details. Here, we have entered [email protected] as an example. It may be helpful to have a record of the process. However, that is completely optional.
- Click on the Install button to install WHMCS on your website.
Was this answer helpful?