Softaculous is an excellent auto installer integrated with cPanel allowing you to install more than 300 scripts within a few minutes. It takes a few clicks, and you can have a fully functional OpenCart setup.
This article will guide you in installing OpenCart on your website through Softaculous.
But first, to access Softaculous, you must log in to cPanel.
The complete steps to install OpenCart on your website are as follows –
1. Log in to your cPanel account.
2. Under the Software and Services section, locate and click the Softaculous icon; this will take you to the Softaculous auto-installer page.
3. On the Softaculous page, you will see a list of script categories; expand the E-Commerce category and click on OpenCart.
This will open the OpenCart application page.
4. On the OpenCart page, click the Install button to start the OpenCart installation wizard.
5. On the next screen, you will be asked for the following information –
- Choose the version you want to Install: Select the OpenCart version you want to install on your website.
- Choose Protocol: Select the protocol HTTP or HTTPS from the drop-down menu.
Select the HTTPS protocol option if you use an SSL certificate in your store.
- Choose Domain: Select the domain name from the drop-down menu.
- Directory: Keep this option blank if you want to install OpenCart in the domain's root directory (public_html); otherwise, you can enter the subdirectory's name.
- Store Name: Enter the name you wish to give to your OpenCart store.
- Store Description: Enter the description of your OpenCart store.
- Store Owner: Enter the name of the store owner.
- Store Address: Enter the physical address of the web store.
- Admin Username: Enter your username to access OpenCart Dashboard.
- Admin Password: Enter the password to access OpenCart Dashboard.
- Admin Email: Enter the valid email address.
- First Name: You can enter the store owner's first name here.
- Last Name: You can enter the store owner's last name here.
6. Expanding the Advanced Options will give you advanced settings to configure your OpenCart store.
You can proceed with the default settings if you do not want to specify these details.
7. Enter a valid email address in the Email installation details to: field to receive installation details in your mailbox.
8. Click the Install button to initiate the OpenCart installation.
9. Be patient while Softaculous installs the OpenCart script.
You will receive the success message and the direct links to the OpenCart website page and dashboard details on successful installation.
Using this login information, you can proceed with the OpenCart store configuration.
Was this answer helpful?