Please refer to the Accuwebhosting >> Connection article to connect your forex VPS from your local system
Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) can be described as a protocol that permits users to access their Forex VPS instantly and directly from any remote location. We'll guide you concerning how you can connect Forex VPS via Remote Desktop.
Here, are the steps on how you can connect your VPS from your Windows machine.
- Click Start → All Programs → Accessories → Remote Desktop Connection.
- PC name: It's your Server’s IP Address. [In case RDP is configured on a non-standard port, like, any other port except 3389 then you'll need to mention your VPS-IP-Address: Port Number e.g., 173.xxx.xxx.xxx:1245]
- You'll see the new window. Just enter your Username & Password, and hit Enter key.
You can use Microsoft Remote Desktop to connect to your Forex VPS from Mac OS.
- To connect to your Forex VPS or Dedicated server from Mac OS, you can use Microsoft Remote Desktop. Open App Store > download Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- After installing Microsoft Remote Desktop on your Mac system open the program.
- A new Remote Desktop Connection will begin after you click on the New button icon.
- Just enter - PC name, username, and password.
- Your Server’s IP Address is your Server’s IP Address. [In case RDP is configured on a non-standard port, like, any other port except 3389 then you'll need to mention your VPS-IP-Address: Port Number e.g., 173.xxx.xxx.xxx:1245]
- After entering your Username and Password, press the Red X button (top left of the screen) to save the connection.
- You'll find that your connection is listed. Tap the start button and connect your remote server.
- Tap the continue button. In case there is a certificate warning, then no issue.
- Your remote server screen will be visible.
- Open-source client rdesktop is usable for Linux if you want to connect to your Forex VPS from a given Linux distribution.
- Follow the URL: http://www.rdesktop.org/ and download rdesktop client.
- After installing the rdesktop in your Linux system, you have to fire the following command in Terminal:
- rdesktop VPS_IP_Address................................(If RDP service is configured on default port) OR
- rdesktop VPS_IP_Address: port number ..........(if RDP service is configured on the non-standard port)
You'll receive a Windows login prompt. Enter your VPS Username(admin), password, and tap on the Right Arrow button to complete the action.