This article will guide you how to clear the Spool from the SmarterMail 16.
What is a spool?
A spool stands for Simultaneous Peripheral Operations Online. It is a list of emails, in order of when they are created, they are available for the server to send or deliver locally.
Every message passes through the spool. In fact, some pass through the spool so quickly that they will not display in the spool. Most of the messages in the spool are displayed because they are large, have many recipients or are having trouble being sent to their final destination.
Below are the steps to clear the spool from the SmarterMail 16.
- Login in to SmarterMail 16 dashboard with the domain administrator user.
- Click on the Spool option right side of the screen.
- Once you click on the Spool option, you will get the following windows. In that windows, you can see the emails which are in the spool.
- To clear the spool you will have to select all the emails and click on the delete option. You will get the delete option by clicking on the three-dot button.
- The system will ask for the confirmation to delete the email from the spool. Click on the delete button to delete the emails. If you want to abort the delete process, you can click on the cancel button.
- Once you click on the delete button, the emails will be deleted from the spool and you will get a successful message at the bottom of the left screen.
- You will have to repeat the step 4 - step 6 until all the emails are deleted from the spool.