The webmail interface of SmarterMail communicates with SmarterMail service by two different remote calls.The default is over TCP on 127.0.0.1, port 17001. Another one is called IPC(interprocess communication) which uses named pipes instead of TCP. It is possible that IIS may not be able to communicate to the default TCP port and you may face problem while accessing the webmail URL of your SmarterMail.
You just need to make your SmarterMail make remote calls to IPC instead of the default TCP.Follow the below steps to accomplish this:
- Login into your Windows VPS via RDP.
- Navigate to c:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterMail\MRS.
- Open web.config file with any file editor like Notepad++.
- Locate the tag, it's value should be set to 127.0.0.1.Change that value with "IPC".The complete tag will look like add key="MailServiceAddress" value="IPC"
- Save the web.config file.This will automatically restart the SmarterMail service.
That's it. Your Web interface will start working properly.