ClamAV is a one of the most popular open source antivirus plugin available for cPanel servers. ClamAV allows individual cPanel users to scan their home directory and emails against malicious files. This article will explain you the steps to install ClamAV plugin from WHM.
- Log into WHM with root user.
- Under cPanel section, select the Manage Plugins option.
- Check the checkbox Install and keep updated beside ClamAV and then click Save at the bottom. This will start the install process and it may take a few minutes. Don't close the web browser until installation process completes. Once installation is finished, you'll receive a Process Complete message.
- Log out and login again to WHM.
- Under Plugins section, select Configure ClamAV Scanner option.
- At this stage, you can set the global scan permissions. If you wish to allow all cPanel users to scan their files, then check the checkboxes Scan Entire Home Directory, Scan Mail, Scan Public FTP Space, and Scan Public Web Space. Save the changes.