Magento CMS can be installed either through Softaculous one click installer or via manual installation. This tutorial will assist you to install Magento manually.
- Download the latest Magento installation package from the Magento website. Please note that you should be registered member to download the Magento package.
- Upload Magento installation package on your web hosting space through cPanel File Manager or using an FTP client. If you want to install Magento in main domain like http://example.com, extract the Magento package in public_html directory. In case you wish to access Magento store from sub directory like http://example.com/store, extract the Magento package in public_html/store directory.
- Create a MySQL database and user from cPanel. Note down database details because you will have to use them during Magento installation. So far we believe that you have extracted the Magento package in public_html folder, created MySQL database and username.
- Browse your website as http://example.com. This will open Magento Installation Wizard. Accept the terms and conditions and click on Continue button.
- Select your choice of TimeZone, Locale and Currency and press the Continue button.
- Enter the database details we created in previous step. Enter Database Name, User Name and User Password. Keep other option as is and check the Skip Base URL validation before next step option. Then, click the Continue button to proceed.
- Enter your personal information and Magento store admin login details. Enter your encryption key or leave it blank. Magento uses this key to encrypt passwords, credit cards, etc. If this field is left empty the system will create an encryption key for you and will display it on the next page. Click on Continue button.
- At next screen, You're All Set window will appear, write down your encryption key from this screen.