- Login to your Windows VPS through Remote Desktop.
- Right click on Computer icon and select Manage option.
- At Server Manager Window, Expand Configuration. Under Configuration, expand Local Users and Groups. Under Local Users and Groups, select Users option, here you will see list of all users.
- By default, we deliver Windows VPS with 2 remote Desktop users viz. Administrator and accuwebhosting_tech. That means, if you have not created any additional RDP users, only these 2 users can access your Windows VPS through RDP. If you have created any additional RDP users and they are known to you, just right click on user name and select the Delete option.
- Click on Yes button when you are asked for User Delete confirmation. This will delete the Remote Desktop user from Windows VPS.
If you see additional users in the list but you are not sure which users can access your VPS through Remote Desktop, first you will need to determine users who can connect to your VPS via Remote Desktop. By default Windows users who are member of Administrators group can access your Windows VPS through Remote Desktop. Additionally, Windows users who are member of RDP Users group can also connect to Windows machine via Remote Desktop. To determine, whether listed users are member of these user groups or not follow the below mentioned steps.
- Right click on Username.
- Click on Properties.
- Select Member Of tab from the second row. Under Member Of box, you will see list of all user groups whom selected user belong to.