Benefits of running SENuke X on Windows VPS:
- It runs 24*7, SEnuke X includes scheduling features so you can have it run all the time if you want, you can split projects up so it runs some today, some tomorrow, etc. If you do this on your desktop, you have to keep your desktop on all time.. and of course, pay for the electricity it uses!
- If you run SENuke X on your desktop, it can interfere with other applications, and other applications can interfere with it. That is why there is a program including in X to close off any Windows applications that popup while X is running. This can be annoying though if you are trying to use SENuke at the same time as using other applications on your PC.
- The VPS has a MUCH faster Internet connection that a home PC, well faster than most... perhaps those in South Korea with 1Gbit to the home might not agree with this one! Also in countries where you have limited bandwidth, such as Australia, you will find that its actually cheaper to get a VPS than buy more bandwidth from your local ISP
- Access it from anywhere! On a VPS you can access SENuke from any number of devices, I for instance can control my copy of SENuke from my iPhone.
- Good for Mac users. X is windows software, while it could be made to work on a Mac like most Windows software its MUCH easier to just install it on a VPS and then use remote dekstop to access it.
I could probably think of more ... really though running X on a VPS is SO much better than on a desktop PC.