1. Click Start → All Programs → Accessories → Remote Desktop Connection.
- OR -
2. Click Start → Windows System → Run.
3. Type mstsc in the text box and hit Enter Key.
4. Enter your Server’s IP Address:Port Number and click on the Connect button. Here, we have entered 192.168.1.191 as an example. You need to replace it with your actual VPS IP address.
5. You will see a new window. Enter your Username and Password and click on the OK button.
6. Once you click on the Ok button, you will see an SSL Certificate warning message. You have to ignore this warning message and tick the box Don't ask me again for connections to this computer. Click on the Yes button to proceed further.
7. Congratulation! You are successfully login into Windows VPS.
Regardless of the Remote Desktop client and Operating System, you need to enter “Computer name/IP address:Port” in the Remote Desktop Connection Window.
Note: Remote Desktop Connection is available only for Windows VPS or Dedicated Servers. If you are a Windows Shared Hosting user, you can not connect to the Hosting Server.
2. Once Microsoft Remote Desktop is installed on your Mac system, open the program. You will see the following interface.
3. Click on the New button icon, and it will start a new Remote Desktop Connection.
4. We will need to enter the pc name, username, and password.
5. PC name: Your Server’s IP Address. [If RDP is configured on a non-standard port i.e. any other port than 3389, then you will have to mention your VPS-IP-Address:Port Number e.g. 127.0.0.0:1245]
6. Enter your Username and Password and press the red X button at the top left of the screen to save the connection.
7. Now, You will see your connection in the list. Click on the start button to connect your remote server.
8. Click on the continue button if there is a certificate warning which is ok.
9. You will see your remote server screen.
1. You can use open source client rdesktop for Linux in order to connect to your VPS from any Linux distribution. You can download the rdesktop client from the URL. http://www.rdesktop.org
2. Once the rdesktop is installed in your Linux system; fire the following command in Terminal:
rdesktop VPS_IP_Address................................(If RDP service is configured on default port) OR
rdesktop VPS_IP_Address:port number ..........(if RDP service is configured on non standard port)
3. You will receive a Windows login prompt as follows, Enter your VPS Username(administrator), and password and click on the Right Arrow button.