- The number of emails sent from a particular domain.
- Usage of bandwidth over specific limit.
- The number of bounced messages received for any particular domain.
When the user reaches at this limit, his/her emails will be treated according to the Throttling Action specified by the administrator.
Note: This feature is limited for SmarterMail Enterprise Edition only.
Using following steps you can set email throttling from SmarterMail.
- Login to SmarterMail via admin user.
- Click the Domains icon from left pane as shown in following image.
- Select a domain for which you want to set email throttling and click on Edit.
- The domain settings will be loaded.
- Click on Throttling tab.
- In the Outgoing Messages per Hour field, type the number of messages that can be sent from the domain within an hour.
- In the Message Throttling Action field, select the appropriate action that SmarterMail should take when the outgoing message limit is exceeded.
Note: Setting the message throttling action to None will disable throttling.
- Click on Save to apply changes.
- You can also view these settings on the domains page as shown in following image:
Note: It is recommended to use email cleansing service before starting an email campaign.