You may receive the following error (shown in the image) while installing any of the Microsoft Applications from the Microsoft Web Application Gallery from WebsitePanel:
The solutions are different according to the 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. They are as mentioned below –
32-bit Operating System
Make changes in the Windows registry file as shown below:
- First, open the registry to change MsDeploy v1 path.
- Then, navigate through [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\IIS Extensions\MSDeploy\1].
- Under ‘InstallPath_x86’, enter the value C:\Program Files\IIS\Microsoft Web Deploy\ (or path of ms deploy 1 installation).
- Navigate through [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\IIS Extensions\MSDeploy\2].
- Under ‘InstallPath_x86’, enter the value C:\Program Files\IIS\Microsoft Web Deploy V2\ (or path of MS deploy 2 installations).
- Restart IIS after making the above changes.
64-bit Operating System
- Install the latest version of MS Deploy (x64 version)
- Run WebsitePanel Server application pool in 64-bit mode.
- Restart the IIS service.