Portal Home > Knowledgebase > Website Publishing > How do I setup my website? > How to deploy Visual Studio 2010 web application project using Web Deploy method
How to deploy Visual Studio 2010 web application project using Web Deploy method
This is a small demonstration on how to deploy Web Application Project of Visual Studio 2010 on AccuWebHosting server using Web Deploy method.
- Open the project in Visual Studio 2010.
- Change the Configuration settings of your project. In general the status is set to Debug but for deployment you need to change it to Release status.
For configuration settings perform the following steps:
- Click Build-> Configuration Manager.
- From the Configuration Manager dialog box, figure out Active Solution Configuration option. From the drop down menu select Release status and then close the dialog box.
- To deploy the application perform the following steps:
- Click Build-> Publish.
- You can also use the Solution Explorer where, right click on the application name and select Publish option.
- It will display the following dialog box:
- Specify profile name, if you want to change it, Otherwise, by default it is Profile1.
- Change Publish Method to Web Deploy.
- For Service URL, there are three options available:
- To deploy locally,
- To deploy the application remotely through Remote Agent Service,
http://<IP Address of Remote Computer>
- To deploy the application through Windows Management Service, use the value specified by your Hosting Provider,
- Next option is Site/Application. Its value must be in the form of <IIS Website Name> or <IIS Application Name>.
- For the local servers use the name of website and application as specified in IIS Manager.
Default Web Site/<ApplicationName>
- To publish the application remotely, use the value given by your hosting provider which contains a domain or domain and application name.
- Check 'Mark as IIS application on destination' option.
- Check 'Allow untrusted certificate'.
- In the Username and Password field specify your Control Panel log in username and password that has been given either by your Administrator or by your Hosting Provider.
- Click on Publish.
Add to Favourites Print this Article