You can easily change the windows user password using GUI. Please refer to how to change windows user password using GUI? However, if you want to change the password faster using the command prompt. You can use the net user command to change the password using the command. Here, we have mentioned the steps for the same.
- Go to start and open the command prompt with Run as Administrator.
- You can list all of your users using the net user command. Verify that the same user account which password you want to change there.
- Run the below command and replace your username and password with your actual username and password that you want to set.
net user USERNAME NEWPASS
- If your username is more than one work, you will need to add the inside quotes, as shown.
net user "USER NAME" NEWPASS
- If you would like to change the password and doesn't want people near you to view it and want to keep privacy, you can use the below command for it. Once you enter the password, it will ask you to enter the password twice. Password you enter the command prompt will not show to anyone.
net user USERNAME *
This is how you can change the password of your user account using net user.