By default in the windows server, the strict mode will be enabled on MySQL. Please refer to the following steps to disable strict mode.
- Login to your windows server.
- You will need to find my.ini to disable strict mode in MySQL. Go to C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7
- In Windows OS, the ProgramData folder is hidden. To show hidden folder, you can tick on "View" from Menu Bar -> Select hidden items.
- You can find the my.ini file from "C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\my.ini
- Open my.ini file with Notepad/Notepad++ and find the following line.
sql-mode = "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"
- You need to set sql-mode to Blank and save the file.
sql-mode = ""
- Restart the MySql service from service. Please refer to Restart > MySQL in Windows or Linux system.