Please refer to the following steps to create Remote Desktop User in Windows 2012 R2.
- Login to your server Windows 2012 R2 with administrator privileges.
- Click on Administrative tools >> Computer Management.
- Select Local Users and Groups. Right-Click on Users and select New User.
- Create a new RDP user. Here we have named accu_rdp to that user. Create new password and confirm password. Tick on to password never expired button. Finally, hit create button to create your new user.
Now, we will add accu_rdp user to Remote Desktop Group.
- Right-click on the created user and click on Properties.
- Click on Member Of button >> Click on Add button.
- It will open a dialogue box and click on Advanced Button.
- Click on Find Now button and select the Remote Desktop Users from Search results and click on OK button.
- Click OK on Select Group dialogue box.
- Click OK button to add user into Remote Desktop Group.
This is it. We are done with adding accu_rdp user to Remote Desktop User group.