Database clone is a process to create a separate copy of the database. You can also use it as your Backup. Following are the steps to clone a MySQL Database from phpMyAdmin.
- Login to your phpMyAdmin from via your controlpanel.
- Once you are logged in to phpMyAdmin, click on the database which you want to clone.
- Click on Operations Button from the Top.
- At Copy Database to Box, enter the new name of the Database. It will be clone with the same name you provide here.
- Select the structure and data option to copy everything.
- Check the box CREATE DATABASE before copying and Add AUTO_INCREMENT value.
- Click on Go Button.
- To verify the clone Database click on the Databases button. Here, you should view your clone database with the name you have provided.
This is it. We are done with the database clone.