Sometimes it is required to check the MySQL Database size. You can check it from the phpMyAdmin as well as using ssh.
1. Log in to cPanel. Skip this step if you have installed MySQL Database in Windows. You can directly open phpMyAdmin using server ipaddress:8080
2. Click on phpMyAdmin.
3. Select the Database whose size you want to check.
4. Go to the size column. At the end of the column, you can view the size of that Database as per the below image.
From SSH Command
1. Log in to SSH using root.
2. Enter MySQL using the following command.
mysql -u username -p
MySQL username will be root
3. Enter the Password once the Password prompt appears.
4. Copy/Paste the below command to display all the Databases with their size in MB.
#SELECT table_schema AS "Database",ROUND(SUM(data_length + index_length) / 1024 / 1024, 2) AS "Size (MB)" FROM information_schema.TABLES GROUP BY table_schema;
If you are looking to display the size of a single Database. Change the Databasename to your database.
select table_schema `Database`, Round(Sum(data_length + index_length) / 1024 / 1024, 1)
`Size in MB` FROM information_schema.TABLES WHERE table_schema =
If you are looking to display the size of a single Database along with its tables. Change the Databasename to your database.
SELECT table_name AS "Table", ROUND(((data_length + index_length) / 1024 / 1024), 2) AS "Size (MB)" FROM information_schema.TABLES WHERE table_schema = "database_name" ORDER BY (data_length + index_length) DESC;