This article has detailed steps to schedule a restart of your Windows VPS server 2008/2012 and can be achieved by adding a task to your Windows VPS task scheduler.
Please refer to the schedule reboot on windows server 2012.
- Login into your Window VPS remote desktop. Please refer to how to connect windows VPS using RDP for more details.
- Open Run prompt, type taskschd.msc, and click ok.
- Now Go to Action >> Create task.
- Set the name of your task and select the operating system of your windows vps from drop-down.
- Now Go to Trigger tab and schedule the time of reboot.
- Now set the reboot action with adding command C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe with add argument /r and click ok.
Finally done!! This VPS is now set to reboot every weekend.
→ Looking to set a scheduled task in SolidCP? Please refer to set scheduled task in solidcp for more details?
→ Looking to set a scheduled task in Plesk? Please refer to set scheduled task in plesk more details?