This article has detailed steps to schedule a restart of your Windows VPS server 2008/2012. This can be achieved by just adding a task at task scheduler of your Windows VPS.
- Login into your Window VPS remote desktop.
- Open Run prompt, type taskschd.msc and click ok.
- Now Go to Action >> Create task.
- set the name of your task and select the operating system of your windows vps from drop-down.
- Now Go to Trigger tab and schedule the time of reboot.
- Now set the reboot action with adding command C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe with add argument /r and click ok.
That’s all. This VPS is now set to reboot on every weekend.