While you add a website from IIS Manager
, you’ll get an option to select the application pool
. In case you want to change the application pool
later, you can modify the website properties and change the application pool
from IIS. Please note that If you've chosen WebsitePanel to be installed in your VM, it is recommended that you change the application pool
only from WebsitePanel
. Follow below steps to change the application from IIS.
- Login to your VPS via Remote Desktop.
- Open IIS Manager (Start > Run > Type inetmgr and hit enter).
- Under the Connections Pane, expand the VM hostname.
- Expand Sites and select the website whom application pool you wish to change.
- Under the Actions pane, click on Advanced settings.
- Select the Application pool option and click the Browse button.
- Select the Application pool from the drop down menu and click OK.
- Click OK again to close the window.