Following are some of the most common reasons and solutions of 404 error.
- You might be typing the incorrect URL in browser. Sometimes, misspellings or mistyping the URLs, foldernames, pages names result in 404 errors.
- Webpage you browse does not exist in website folder. Ask yourself if this page ever existed in your website? If it was existed then you might have removed or renamed it recently. Restore your webpage or correct the links.
- If your web pages are moved recently, that might be linked incorrectly. Check the internal and external links of webpages and correct the broken links.
- Webpages are renamed recently and were not updated yet. Update the renamed web pages and correct their interlinkings.
- Webpage resources such as images, .css, .js, or other files are removed from the server. Determine the deleted resources and restore them from the recent backup.
If you are still receiving 404 error in your website, contact our support team.