This tutorial will assist you in installing Orchard CMS on your website; you need to follow these steps –
1. Download the Orchard CMS ZIP file from the official Orchard website.
2. Extract the Orchard package ZIP and locate the Orchard folder.
3. Copy the content of the Orchard folder in the wwwroot folder of your website to install Orchard CMS in the main domain.
Set ASP.Net version to 4.0 Integrated pipeline from WebsitePanel.
If you want to install Orchard CMS to the subfolder, then copy the content to the subfolder.
Create a virtual directory by selecting the Orchard subfolder path and setting the virtual directory's ASP.Net version to 4.0 Integrated pipeline.
(Learn How to change ASP.Net Version)
4. Orchard allows you to use MySQL or MS SQL database as a backend.
Create MS SQL or MySQL database from WebsitePanel with the help of the following video tutorials.
Depending on your Orchard installation directory, browse your website page as http://example.com or http://example.com/your-subfolder.
You will see the Get Started page appearing; on this screen, enter the following details -
- What is the name of your site – Name of your website.
- Choose a username – Orchard dashboard username you want to set
- Choose a password - Orchard dashboard password you want to set
- Confirm the password - Confirm the password.
5. In the next section, select one of the databases (MySQL or MS SQL) servers, and you will be given a sample connection string. Copy the connection string and replace the sample data with the actual database credentials you have set in Step #4.
MS SQL Database
Data Source - MS SQL Server name or IP address.
Initial Catalog - MS SQL database name.
User ID - MS SQL database username.
Password - MS SQL database password.
Data Source - localhost (in most cases).
Initial Catalog - MySQL database name.
User ID - MySQL database username.
Password - MySQL database password.
6. In the next section, you can choose an Orchard recipe for your website.
Choose from the following Orchard recipes and click on the Finish Setup button.
- Default - It sets up a website with frequently used Orchard features.
- Blog - It sets up the website as a personal blog.
- Core - It sets up a website with only the Orchard framework for development use.
7. Orchard installation will take a few minutes, and you will see the following screen once installed.