This tutorial will assist you to install Orchard CMS in your website.
- Download Orchard CMS ZIP file from official Orchard website.
- Extract the Orchard package ZIP and locate Orchard folder.
- If you want to install Orchard CMS in main domain then copy the content of Orchard folder in wwwroot folder of your website. Set ASP.Net version to 4.0 Integrated pipeline from WebsitePanel.
If you wish to install Orchard CMS to subfolder then copy the content to subfolder. Create virtual directory by selecting Orchard subfolder path and set virtual directory's ASP.Net version to 4.0 Integrated pipeline.
- Orchard allows you to use either MySQL or MS SQL database as backend. Create MS SQL or MySQL database from WebsitePanel with the help of following video tutorials.
- Depending on your Orchard installation directory, browse your website page as http://example.com or http://example.com/your-subfolder. You would see Get Started page appearing. At this screen, enter following details.
- What is the name of your site? == Name of your website.
- Choose a username == Orchard dashboard username you want to set
- Choose a password == Orchard dashboard password you want to set
- Confirm the password == Confirm password.
At next section, select one of the database (MySQL or MS SQL) server and you would be given sample connection string. Copy the connection string and replace sample data with actual database credentials you have set in Step #4.
MS SQL Database
Data Source == MS SQL Server name or IP address.
Initial Catalog == MS SQL database name.
User ID == MS SQL database username.
Password == MS SQL database password.
Data Source == localhost (in most cases).
Initial Catalog == MySQL database name.
User ID == MySQL database username.
Password == MySQL database password.
- At next section, you can choose an Orchard recipe to set up your website. Choose from the following Orchard recipes and click on Finish Setup button.
Orchard installation would take few minutes and you would see following screen once installed.
- Default == It sets up website with frequently used Orchard features.
- Blog == It sets up website as a personal blog.
- Core == It sets up website that has only the Orchard framework for development use.