Recently one of our customers was unable to connect to Collection Max and receiving an error Cannot Connect to Server.
Error while starting mysql: Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table '.\mysql\user' is marked as crashed and should be repaired. MySQL server would no longer start, instead giving a Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Can't find file: 'filename'
Upon investigation, we noticed that MySQL service could not get started and throws above error. This error was fixed by repairing the database table as follows.
- Login to the server where MySQL server is installed. Open the command prompt with administrator privileges.
- Start MySQL server in safe mode (skipping user privileges table) by issuing following command.
mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables &
- Select the database in question by running following command.
- Repair the table name running following command.
repair table table_name;
- Restart the MySQL service.
/etc/init.d/mysqld stop /etc/init.d/mysqld start