While we try to open phpMyAdmin, it throws this error which is depicted in the following image:
Kindly follow the below-mentioned steps in order to proceed further.
1. In order to resolve the error, we will need to make some necessary corrections in the file ‘php.ini’ located at the below-mentioned path in the VPS:
C:\Program Files\PHP\v5.2 (Note: You will need to search the PHP installation path according to the PHP version installed in your VPS.)
2. First, take a backup of this file in case anything goes wrong; you can revert it. After that, open the ‘php.ini’ file using the text editor application, and search for extension=php_mcrypt.dll in this file, as shown in the following image:
3. Remove the Semicolon (;) from the beginning of the extension to uncomment it and save this change.
4. If this line is not present in the file, you can add it under the extensions list and save the change.
5. Clear your browser's cache and try now to access phpMyAdmin from your end. This time it will not show an error and will open in the usual manner.