You may receive this error while creating a domain from WebsitePanel. This can happen due to the following reasons.
- Previously you tried to add this domain and it was turned into an error though necessary DNS entries were made on DNS server.
- Previously, the domain was removed and you are trying to recreate it. In domain removal attempt , DNS entries were not completely removed from the DNS server.
To fix this error, you will need to remove DNS zone from DNS server manually. Windows VPS customers can easily remove DNS zone by following below steps. Windows Shared Hosting customers won't have access to DNS server so they need to submit the ticket from client area.
- The error is depicted as shown in following image.
- Login to your VPS through Remote Desktop.
- Select Start → Administrative Tools → DNS.
- Select the Forward lookup zones by expanding the Hostname of your VPS.
- Under Forward Lookup Zone, you would see list of all DNS zones. Select the DNS zone which had given you an error and remove it.
- Go back to WebsitePanel and try to create/add domain from WebsitePanel. You should not face any problem now.