- Your Windows VPS must have an FTP server installed. If it is not installed then you can install it by following the steps mentioned here.
- In order to transfer the files between a Windows VPS and your own PC, you must have an FTP client (program) installed on your PC (like "FileZilla", "Cute FTP" etc.).
Steps to add an FTP account and use it to access your VPS data:
- If you do not have an FTP account created then following are the ways to create it:
- Once you create an FTP account, open an FTP client software and use the below mentioned details to connect to your FTP account:
- Hostname: VPS IP address or domain name (if it is pointing to the VPS)
- Username: FTP username
- Password: FTP user password
- Port: 21
- For more details on FTP client applications, you can refer to these tutorial series.
- Once you are connected, you can successfully transfer the files between Windows VPS and your local system.
Looking for Recommended system configuration for windows server 2019/2016/2012 OS? Please refer to the Recommended server configuration for more details.
Looking to connect your Windows VPS from iPod or iphone? Please refer to the connection through ipod/phone for more details.
Looking for a usable IP Address and CIDR? Please refer to the Usable IP Address for more details.