By default, Telnet server is not installed on your Windows VPS and when you try to run "Telnet" command it returns "Unrecognized Command" message.
To install Telnet Server, please perform the following steps:
- Open Server Manager. Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Manage.
- In the Features Summary section, click on Add features.
- On the Select Features page, select Telnet Server.
- Click Next, and on the Confirm Installation Options page, click Install.
- That's it! Telnet Server is installed in your server.