For configuration settings perform the following steps:
- Click Build-> Configuration Manager.
- From the Configuration Manager Dialog box figure out Active Solution Configuration option. From the drop down menu select Release status and then close the dialog box.
Step: 2Add connection string in web.config file between <connectionStrings>... </connectionStrings>
<add name="testDBConnectionString"connectionString="Data Source=IP address of local machine OR Database Server;Initial Catalog=databaseName;User Id=databaseUser;Password=password;"providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
Step: 3Click on Project-> Package/Publish Settings. Select Package/Publish SQL option. Click on Import from Web.config button. In Database Entry Details specify the following information:
Destination Database InformationConnection string for destination database:
Data Source=126.96.36.199, 1533;Initial Catalog=databaseName;User Id=databaseUser;Password=password;
- databaseName - name of the database created from the WebsitePanel
- databaseUser - user assigned to database from the WebsitePanel
- password - which has been set for the database user
Source Database Information
Data Source=IPAddress;Initial Catalog=databaseName;User ID=sa;Password=password;
- IPAddress - local machine's IP address
- databaseName - name of the database created on local machine from SQL Server Management Studio
- sa - local user to access the database
- password - password of sa user
To deploy the application perform the following steps:
- Click Build-> Publish <Web Application Name>
- You can also use the Solution Explorer where, right click on the application name and then select Publish option. It will display following dialog box:
- Specify profile name if you want to change it otherwise by default it is Profile1.
- Change Publish Method to Web Deploy.
- In Service URL, there are three options available:
- To deploy locally,
- To deploy the application remotely through Remote Agent Service,
http://<IP Address of Remote Computer>
- To deploy the application through Windows Management Service, use the value specified by your Hosting Provider,
- To deploy locally,
- Next option is Site/Application. Its value must be in the form of <IIS Website Name> or <IIS Application Name>
- For the local servers, use the name of the website and application as specified in IIS Manager.
Default Web Site/<ApplicationName>
- To publish the application remotely, use the value given by your hosting provider which contains a domain or domain and application name
- Check "Mark as IIS application on destination" option.
- Check "Allow untrusted certificate".
- In the Username and Password field specify your Control Panel login username and password that has been given either by your Administrator or by your Hosting Provider.
- Click on Publish.
1. The value of "Service URL" for Windows Shared Hosting plans are as below.
Windows 2008 clients is -https://www.accu15.com:8172/msdeploy.axd
Windows 2012 clients is - https://www.accu17.com:8172/msdeploy.axd.
2. The value of "Service URL" for Windows VPS - https://YourVPSIP:8172/msdeploy.axd