Here are the instructions on how to publish your website. You can publish your website from your local hard drive to the server or from the server to your local hard drive. The screenshots below are of Microsoft FrontPage 2002 but the web opening process is the same for all versions of FrontPage:
- Firstly, you will need to open your website either on the server or on your local hard drive.
- Once your web is open in FrontPage (shown above), then you will need to click on File/Publish Web (shown below):
- A new window will pop up with options for publishing your web. The new window should look like one of the two pictures below depending on which operating system you are using. You will need to specify the location to publish your web to. The screenshot below shows publishing your web from your hard drive to the server.
- You will need to type the complete address as shown. If you are publishing from the server to your hard drive, you will need to click Browse to find the folder on your hard drive.
- Once you have specified the location, you will need to select either Publish changed pages only or Publish all pages, overwriting any already on the destination. Now, click Publish and your website will begin publishing to the specified location.