Microsoft FrontPage Users Customers with Microsoft FrontPage extensions installed on their sites should only use FrontPage publishing feature to transfer files. Using regular FTP can corrupt the extensions, disabling the functionality of the FrontPage web and requiring that the site be deleted to reinstall the extensions.
After you have built your website and are ready to upload the files to your server, open Adobe GoLive and open your website.
- Go to the File menu, and select FTP Upload/Download.
- The FTP Upload and Download window will open. Here you must configure several items:
- Server: This is ftp.yourdomain.com, where yourdomain.com is your actual domain name.
- Directory: This is the initial directory that should be opened by the FTP program. Generally this is left blank.
- User Name: This is the userID assigned to you by AccuWebHosting.
- Password: This is the password that you designated in your Hosting Controller control panel.
- Next, click the Connect button.
- The FTP Upload and Download window is currently overlapping your website files window. To upload files to your server, it is necessary for both windows to be visible. You can make this happen by minimizing each window.
- Next, drag your selection from the Files window to the FTP window.