Please refer to the following steps to remove Swap Space from CentOS 7.x –
1. First, use the command below to check whether your system is running with the Swap Space.
It will list the Swap Space with its location
2. As per the above location, Swap Space is located at /dev/vdb since it is a virtual server.
We will disable the Swap Space by executing this command –
swapoff -v /dev/vdb
3. After that, you can check with the free command to verify that the Swap is disabled.
4. Remove the Swap entry from /etc/fstab.
To do this, edit the fstab file and remove the Swap entry.
5. Let’s regenerate Mount units to register the new configuration –
6. Finally, remove the actual Swap file.
rm -rf /dev/vdb
This is it.
We have successfully removed the Swap Space.
Looking to add a new Swap Space?
Please refer to Accuweb > Add Swap Space article for more details.