WordPress theme defines the display of your website. Generally, we change the WordPress theme from the WordPress admin area. But in case there is incompatibility with the plugin, we may face the issue of changing the WordPress theme. We will need to change the WordPress theme from the WordPress Database. WordPress uses MySQL Database.
In this article, we have demonstrated the detailed steps to change the WordPress theme from phpMyAdmin.
You should take a database backup before making any changes to the database since it will impact your website once you make the changes to your database.
So, the important steps to accomplish this task are as follows –
- Before we start, it is important to know about the Database name used by your WordPress.
Please click on this link which will help you to find your Database.
- Go to phpMyAdmin.
3. Click on Databases and find your Database.
4. Click on your Database used for Wordpress.
5. Click on the wp-option.
6. Find two rows named template and stylesheet, and click on edit one by one.
7. Change the new theme from the old theme in option_value.
8. Click on the Go button to save changes.
You have successfully changed the WordPress theme from the phpMyAdmin Database.