Wordpress theme defines the display of your website. Generally, we change the Wordpress theme from the Wordpress admin area. We may face the issue to change your Wordpress theme in case of incompatibility with Plugin. In these cases, we will need to change the Wordpress theme from the Wordpress Database. Wordpress uses MySQL Database hence we will try to do this from phpMyAdmin in this article.
Important Note: Please take your Database Backup before making any changes to the Database. It is always recommended to take DB Backup before changes. Once you make the changes on your Database, it will impact on your website.
- Before we start, we need to know about the Database name which is used by your WordPress. Please click on this link which helps you to find your Database.
- Go to phpMyAdmin.
- Click on Databases and find your Database.
- Click on your Database used for Wordpress.
- Click on wp-option.
- Find two rows name template and stylesheet and click on edit one by one.
- Change the new theme from the old theme in option_value.
- Click on the Go button to save changes.
This is it, you have changed the Wordpress theme from the phpMyAdmin Database successfully.