Sometimes you may require to add the IP Address manually in the Ubuntu network interface, which you can do by following these steps –
1. Log in to the Ubuntu server via SSH.
2. Execute the following command –
# nano /etc/network/interfaces
3. Enter the interface alias eth0:0 as mentioned below –
#secondary ip address
iface eth0:0 inet static
If you already have an interface alias eth0:0, then you can add eth0:1 or eth0:2 for an additional IP Address.
4. The command given below will up the added interface alias within the network –
# ifconfig eth0:0 1*3.2*8.149.*** up
5. Restart the network service.
# /etc/init.d/networking restart
6. Check the newly added IP Address with the below command –
You have successfully added the IP Address on the Ubuntu server.