Additionally, both the local and remote systems must be running one of the supported versions. For example, Windows 7 Ultimate running on your local computer can connect to a remote machine running Windows server 2008 R2. Following are the steps to use multiple monitors with Remote Desktop connection.
- Open Remote Desktop Connection (Start >> Run >> type “mstsc” hit enter).
- At Remote Desktop window, enter the hostname/IP address of the system you want to connect to.
- Click on Options button to expand the Remote Desktop Connection window to populate advanced options.
- Choose the Display tab and select the Use all my monitors for the remote session check box.
- Go to General tab and click the Save button.
- Click on Connect button.