Unlike other malware detection plugins, A-AST Linux Malware Detect not just detects the malware based on signatures/ hashes created by others. Still, it also keeps track of real-world threats and generates signatures for them. This plugin works efficiently on CentOS 5.x & 6.x and WHM 11.38 and above versions.
We have listed the steps in this article that will assist you in installing A-AST Linux Malware Detect for the cPanel server.
1. Connect to your Linux machine via SSH.
2. Create a directory to install the plugin and change it to the installation directory.
3. Download A-AST Linux Malware Detect for cPanel/ WHM by issuing the following command –
4. Set execution permission to the installer file.
chmod +x aast_maldet_interface_installer.sh
5. Run the installer and follow the onscreen instructions –
Once the plugin is installed, activate the license as follows –
1. Obtain the license key for A-AST Linux Malware Detect cPanel/ WHM plugin.
2. Log in to your WHM.
3. Under the Plugin section, click on A-AST Linux Malware Detect Interface cPanel Plugin v2.0.
4. Enter your license key and submit.