URL Rewrite Module tries to convert Apache mod_rewrite rules to equivalent IIS URL rewrite rules. However, due to architectural differences between Apache and IIS web servers, all mod_rewrite rules may not be converted. Hence, we recommend you completely understand the rewrite rule functionality before you begin the conversion process. Once Apache mod_rewrite rules have been converted to IIS URL rewrite rules, verify that corresponding IIS rewrite rules function the same as Apache rewrite rules.
3. Under Features View, click URL Rewrite.
4. On the right-hand side, under the Actions pane, click on Import Rules.
5. Copy your mod_rewrite rules from the .htaccess file and paste them into the Rewrite rules text box.
6. Tree View tab will instantly show the result of this conversion. XML View will show how these rules are stored in the web.config file.
7. After rule conversion, rules were assigned with default names. You can change the rule name by selecting the rule from Tree View, right-clicking on the rule name, and selecting Rename from the context menu.
8. Click Apply to save the converted rules to the web.config file.
→ Looking to set HTTP to HTTPS redirection in IIS? Please refer to set redirection in IIS for more details.