This article will give you an overview of domain transfer procedure. Following are the steps to transfer a domain from another registrar to AccuWebHosting.com
Domain Transfer Prerequisites
- The domain must be 60 days old.
- The domain must not be locked at the loosing registrar.
- The domain must not be deleted.
- The domain must be in OK or ACTIVE status.
- The best way to check all the above properties is to access Whois facility of loosing domain registrar.
Domain Transfer Procedure
- Before you initiate a domain transfer, obtain an EPP key [Extensible Provisioning Protocol] from loosing registrar. If you're not sure how to obtain EPP key from your registrar, you can contact your registrar. More information on EPP key can be found here.
- Once you get an EPP code, initiate a domain name transfer procedure from here. Check out our step by step guide on how to place domain transfer order at AccuWebHosting
- Once you place domain transfer at AccuWebHosting, a verification email with domain transfer approval link will be sent to an email address set as Administrative Contact.
- Login to mailbox which has been set Administrative Contact and click on domain transfer approval link before it gets expired.
- Once you approve the domain transfer request, domain will be transferred within 5 to 6 business days.
Reasons of Domain Transfer Failure
- An invalid/incorrect authorization code (EPP code).
- If your domain name is expired.
- If your domain name is locked at current/loosing registrar.
- The domain is recently (within 60 days) registered.
- WHOIS protection can also cause the issue here. Whois protection should be disabled at the loosing registrar before initiating the domain transfer process.
- An administrative contact of the domain did not respond to the verification e-mail on timely manner.
- The transfer has been rejected by loosing registrar.