The server principal “username” is not able to access the database “databasename” under the current security context. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 916)
- Start SQL Server Mangement Studio 2008 R2 in your local machine.
- Select Databases in the Object Explorer.
- If the Object Explorer details are not showing, select View from toolbar and then select Object Explorer Details.
- Right click on any column header and make sure that “collation” is not checked.
- Refresh the database list by clicking the Refresh button located at the top of the Object Explorer Details panel.