Outlook Error:SMTP Port: 25 or 587. Send test e-mail message:
Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
- Please verify that you have enabled "My SMTP Requires Authentication" in Incoming mail server Outlook settings.
- If this does not work out, then try to disable the firewall of your local machine from where you are trying to send out an email.
- If you find that your email accounts have been set up correctly, then try to access your mail account using the webmail interface. The link is: http://mail.yourdomain.com.
- If you cannot access your mail account using your webmail interface, then your issue requires further investigation from server side and may take some time before it can be resolved. In this case, all you will need to do is to raise a support ticket to email@example.com from your registered email address.
However, if you can access your email successfully using your webmail interface, then there is nothing wrong from the server side and all you will need to contact your ISP to check if they are blocking ports 25 and 587.
- In any case, if your issues still remain unresolved, then the last option available is to reinstall a fresh copy of Outlook.