To check the compatible version of MS SQL drivers for your php click here.
- Log in to your Windows VPS via RDP (Remote Desktop Access). This tutorial will guide you to connect to Windows VPS server using the RDP from different operating systems.
- To download the drivers for php from click here. Select the appropriate version and click Next.
Note: As we are using php 5.6, we have downloaded version 3.2.
- It will prompt to save the exe file. Click on Save File.
- Once the drivers are downloaded, run the exe file. It will ask for the path to extract. Provide the path and click on Ok.
- Go to the extracted folder and copy the NTS (for windows) dll files to the php extension folder.
Note: As we are using php 5.6 we have copied the files to C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.6\ext
- Once the files are copied, we need to add the following extension in php.ini file.
- Create a phpinfo file and check if the extensions are shown properly. To create phpinfo file follow instructions here.