Note: This error occurs only if you are using default application pool in Windows VPS
- Login to your Windows VPS via RDP (Remote Desktop Access). This tutorial will guide you to connect to Windows VPS server using the RDP from different operating systems.
- Click on Start and go to the wp-content folder of your WordPress Installation.
- Right click on the WP-Content folder and select Properties.
- In the properties tab, select Security tab and click on Edit.
- In the Permission for WP-Content tab click on Add.
- In Select Users & Groups tab, click on Advanced. This will open a new tab.
- In new tab of Select Users or Groups, click on Find Now. It will display the list of users and groups.
- In search result field, select IIS_IUSRS and click OK.
- It will display the selected user in Select Users and Groups tab. Click on Ok and click on Apply in the permission tab. This will apply all the permissions for the user.
- Click OK to close all the opened tabs.
That's it !!! you should be able to upload images to your WordPress site.