This article will show you the basic steps on how to change the WordPress admin username through phpMyAdmin if you either forget your login credentials or wish to update the existing username to a more secure option.
You can easily change the username by following the steps listed below –
- Log in to the phpMyAdmin
- Double click on your WordPress database
- Then double click on the wp_users tabl
- Locate your user and click on Edit
5. Enter a new name in the user_login field
6. Click on Go to save the changes.
And that's it!
You can now log into your WordPress admin panel using this new username.